Monday 28 May 2018

Day 15 & Day 16 - NOLA - Bourbon Street, LA

We spent 2 days in New Orleans and managed to cover a lot!

The first thing to talk about it Bourbon Street. It is noisy, smelly (there is a huge fat burg under the street they are trying to remove) and full of people who want to party. In fact, the party never stops, it continues all day and all night. A great party town!

We spent 2 of the 3 nights in Bourbon Street and tried as many different bars we could, each playing different music. We had a fantastic time but I think any more than 2 nights, would have been tough on our livers and left us short of money for the rest of the trip!

The music in New Orleans is phenomenal. So many amazing artists playing all sorts of music, many of them taking requests and learning songs on the spot! Music is clearly in the heart of this city, you can see why so many very famous artists have played here.

Here is our video 'taster' of Bourbon street, I wish I'd taken more videos but I was enjoying listening too much:



There are a couple of photos which didn't make it into the video as I wanted it to be about the music:


 View Down Bourbon Street

 The Cathedral

The LGBT District

Karin was an awesome singer and piano player

The police where really chilled out 

The pavement (sidewalk) sign

What happens when you party too hard

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is just how I imagined it would be. Loved all the performances you saw and really diverse sounds too. My only reference for NOLA is the excellent show Treme but this just showed how authentic the show was. Great stuff and very jealous. Looked like a fab time and the photbomber for your sign along made me chuckle too. I can not imagine what it'd be like for a second line parade or mardi gras

    ReplyDelete